Well, as I said in the previous post, Amy, Iliana and I went to Branson this weekend. We had a great time and it was a joy to watch Iliana experience the weekend. I learned a lot about Branson this weekend. A lot of “dos” and “don’ts.” I’ll start with the “don’ts.”
- Don’t stay at the Grand Country Inn again. Not that this was a bad place, but it was a little over priced for the room and I think Iliana and I were both allergic to something in the room because we couldn’t stop sneezing the whole time.
- Don’t go to Branson on a holiday weekend. I don’t really know what the off season is in Branson, but I know it wasn’t last weekend. It took us 30 minutes to get from the highway to our hotel which was about 2 miles.
- If we stay on the “strip” again, don’t have a room close to the road. Our wing of the hotel was perpendicular to the strip and there was only one room between us and the strip. So, there was a lot of noise.
Now for the “dos.”
- Do go and see the Dixie Stampede. Great show and a great meal. Definite must see in Branson.
- Do check out the Indoor Water Park at the Grand Country Inn. This is the hotel we stayed at. The rooms may have been a little lacking, but the entertainment and food there was great.
- Do go during the off season. I know I already stated this, but it’s very important.
Okay, that’s all I can think of now. We had a blast and wore ourselves out each day and were ready for our beds when we got home.